The task is simple now for the Cubs (82-77) after being swept in Atlanta: They basically have to sweep the Brewers (90-69) this weekend to have any chance of making the playoffs. Milwaukee has nothing to play for after clinching the National League Central, so it is unclear what kind of effort they will give.
The Cubs have left themselves almost no margin for error and the odds are very much against them but maybe they can pull a surprise. At this point, it would be nice if they could even get one more win before the season ends Sunday.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Friday, September 29 at 7:10pm CT on MLB Network (out of market only) and Marquee.
- Saturday, September 30 at 6:10pm CT on Marquee.
- Sunday, October 1 at 2:10pm CT on Marquee.
What to Watch For
- The defense was very bad against the Braves, including two drops of catchable fly balls that went for costly errors.
- The Marlins game against the Mets Thursday was suspended in the 9th inning with Miami ahead by a run and will be finished on Monday if necessary for the playoff race.
- Seiya Suzuki, who had one of those dropped fly balls, had three hits on Thursday night and has been Chicago’s best hitter lately.
- The bullpen is a total mess right now and it is hard to find any reliable arm for a potential high-leverage situation.