Cubs vs Brewers Series Preview (August 13-16): TV and Game Info, Starting Pitchers, Insights
The Cubs (12-3) are off to their best start since the 1907 season, a year that ended with a title in case you were interested. Getting out of the gate so quickly really helps in a 60-game sprint. A 5.5 game lead with just 45 to play is an enviable place to be.
The Cubs starting pitching has dominated so far and the offense piled 14 runs on a quality Cleveland pitching staff in a two-game sweep. Chicago now welcomes the Brewers to Wrigley for a four-game series starting Thursday.
Milwaukee (7-9) has struggled with a retooled starting rotation early on, with the exception of ace Brandon Woodruff. Christian Yelich has gotten off to a slow start and Lorenzo Cain opted out of the season.
Those facts aside, the Brewers always play the Cubs hard and still have All-Star closer Josh Hader. Chicago has a chance to bury the Brew Crew and based on past experience, it would behoove them to do so.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Thursday, August 13 at 6:15pm CT on FOX
- Friday, August 14 at 7:15pm CT on MLB Network and Marquee
- Saturday, August 15 at 7:15pm CT on Marquee
- Sunday, August 16 at 1:20pm CT on Marquee
What to Watch For
- Jason Heyward reached base six times against Cleveland.
- Mills was skipped last time through the rotation, but was great in his two starts.
- Orlando Arcia has an OPS of .667 this year, so expect him to go off this series.