After being eliminated from the playoffs and riding a nine-game losing streak, this series doesn’t matter. Except it does, because ending the season on the road in St. Louis is bad enough. Ending the season with another disappointing performance against the Cardinals on their way to the playoffs would be even tougher to swallow.
The race for the Central crown could come down to how the Cubs play in this series. With the Brewers trailing the Cards by just a game, things could flip in a hurry. Don’t expect to see too many regulars for Joe Maddon’s squad, as injuries and their elimination provide plenty of reason to rest guys over the final three days.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Friday, September 27th at 7:15 CT on WGN
- Saturday, September 28th at 6:15 CT on FOX
- Sunday, September 29th at 2:15 CT on ABC-7
What to Watch For
- Eulogies. With contracts up and a disappointing season on the books, expect speculation about trades and new managers and a lot of questions about who we’re seeing in Cubs uniforms for the last time.
- Can Cole Hamels bounce back to provide himself a little push into free agency
- Will Maddon play any regulars at all, or will his lineups continued to give the Brewers the middle finger.
- Do the Cubs have any fight left in them at all?
- Friday is WGN’s final Cubs broadcast. Starting next season, every game will be on Marquee.