The Cubs — who, in case you’ve forgotten, won the World Series — dropped some pretty exciting news during the business operations panel Saturday afternoon. They had already announced that they’d be holding a ring ceremony prior to the second home game against the Dodgers on April 12. Now comes word that they’re holding a contest to give 20 fans the opportunity to be official championship ring bearers.
Check out all the details below and maybe share some of your videos with us.
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) January 14, 2017
Nominate the individual you believe is the most loyal Cubs fan for an opportunity to present a Cubs player or coach with his 2016 World Series Ring on the field during the “ring ceremony game” Wednesday, April 12, at Wrigley Field.
To enter, nominations must be submitted online in a video format via Twitter using the #CubsRingBearer hashtag before 11:59 p.m. CST Tuesday, February 14. All videos must be 60 seconds or less and tell the Cubs why your nominee deserves to be one of the 20 loyal fans to participate in the on-field ceremony.
Include these required elements in order for your video to qualify:
- State the following information about your nominee: Full name, hometown and age
- All video entries must be 60 seconds or less and submitted via Twitter using the #CubsRingBearer hashtag
- The video submitter must be 18 years-or-older at time of entry and be a legal resident of the 50 United States and US territories and commonwealths
- The video submitter must nominate another living person whose minimum age at the time of nomination is 13
- All entries must be received after 4:30 p.m. EST January 14, 2017, and before 12:59 a.m. EST Wednesday, February 15, 2017
- Spoken in the English language or subtitled
- Limit is one nominee (individual person) per video
- If you use images, video or other content that features the nominee, ensure that content is publically available, you have the right to share that content and that it is in good taste
Below is additional guidance to help you create a compelling video nomination:
- Be creative
- Be authentic
- Have fun
- Show the nominee in the video
- This is all in good fun, so portray your nominee in a positive light
- Clearly explain your nominee’s strong passion and enthusiasm for the Chicago Cubs. Examples of the nominee’s passion and enthusiasm include, but are not limited to:
- Traditions while watching the game
- Personal expression of fandom
- Duration of time as a fan
- His/her ability to generate fandom in others
- His/her unique reason for being a fan
Videos containing the following will be disqualified:
- Any copyrighted material
- Any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of the Chicago Cubs
- Entries that portray the Chicago Cubs or Major League Baseball or the nominee in a negative way
A team of judges will select 20 winners who will receive two tickets to the April 12 game at Wrigley Field and the opportunity to participate in the on-field ring ceremony. Judges will be looking for fans which show authentic passion, loyalty and enthusiasm for Cubs baseball and embrace the spirit of being a Cubs fan.* By submitting your entry, you agree to abide by, and cause your nominee to abide by, the Contest Terms and Conditions.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Enter by 12:59 a.m. ET on February 15, 2017. 20 prizes will be awarded. Open to legal residents of United States including its commonwealths, territories and< possessions who are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction (and at least 18 years of age) at the time of entry. Limit one entry per Twitter account. *Void where prohibited. Additional exclusions apply. See Official Rules, which govern, for complete details.